Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lazeez burns down!

I just saw on the Lansing State Journal site that Lazeez burned down this afternoon. According to the Journal, the owners were working on the airconditioning when something went wrong. One of them was sent to the hospital with burns. (Update, the LSJ is saying that they were minor burns, thank goodness.)

I drove by there not long before it happened today. I'm shocked.

Anyway, our best wishes to the Helmy brothers and the people at Lazeez.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I used to work at Lazeez as a waitress just a couple of months ago. I can't believe how bad the damage from the fire was. I am so glad that no one was severely injured. The brothers that own Lazeez, and all of their friends and staff are fantastic people.

Lansing is definately going to miss a great restaurant.